The Dressmaker's Portfolio Level 3 - Starts 7th April 2021
The Dressmaker’s Portfolio Level 3 is a three month introduction to pattern cutting & design where students will learn the skills needed to design and create a handmade wardrobe.
This course is a chance to build a portfolio of samples and garments which can be used to start designing & creating your handmade wardrobe, take forward into higher education or a fashion related career.
Based on the Moulage technique which I learned from Kenneth D King in New York, you will be able start to design your own clothes and alter commercial patterns, you do not have to complete previous levels to take this course but you will need a good understanding of dressmaking and construction
One project will be set to be completed during the 3 months – either 1 garment designed from scratch or 2 co-ordinating garments created using pattern cutting skills to alter/add to the design of a commercial pattern
INCLUDED IN THE DRESSMAKER’S PORTFOLIO Level 3
- 9 days of pattern cutting/design tuition
- 10 Workshops days of your choice during the 3 months
(not including patterns & fabrics)
- 1 trip to a fashion related exhibition (not including transport)
- Basic Kit of Pattern Cutting Tools & Stationary
- A Copy of Kenneth D King's pdf book The Moulage
- 10% off extra workshops booked during the three months
- 10% off selected fabrics at Bloomsbury Square Fabrics during the three months
- A key for the Sewing Room – DM Portfolio students are able to use the Sewing Room when there are no workshops taking place
- Storage Cupboard/Drawer in the Sewing Room
- Final Exhibition/fashion show
TUTORIALS/PATTERN CUTTING WORKSHOP
Pattern cutting/design workshops will be on a Wednesday, 10–16.30, twice a month.
During the day we will discuss student’s projects, you will learn pattern cutting and design techniques and make samples
We will also look at using social media, share ideas of who to follow and I will be introducing you to anything new and inspiring that I come across – whether it’s patterns, fabrics, designers or tools.
This is also a time for you to ask for help with your projects
Start Date : 7th April 2021
Exhibition Visit : tbc
Exhibition/Fashion Show – July 2021
Wednesday 7th April
Thursday 8th April
Wednesday 21st April
Thursday 22nd April
Wednesday 5th & 19th May
Wednesday 9th & 23rd June
Wednesday 7th July
From Me: My aim is to inspire and help you to create a handmade wardrobe of clothes to be proud of.
From You: Commit to attend tutorials and workshops, complete your projects by the deadline and not be afraid - it’s an adventure
Non Refundable Deposit £500 when booking
To Pay Your Place & Pay Your Deposit Click HERE
Balance Due 1st March 2021
|Workshop Start||7 Apr 2021|