Introduction to Crazy Patchwork with Wendy Gardiner - 19th May 2023
Crazy Patchwork Cushion Cover (or Tote Bag)
Start your patchwork journey with this simple but so effective technique. You will learn to use a rotary cutter/ruler and mat whilst you create a patchwork panel with fussy cut centrepiece! You can then turn this panel into a cushion cover or bag front. Or make a few for the beginners of a lap quilt or use it as an applique on a jacket. It is fun and effective and a great way to use up fabric remnants. The cushion cover or bag instructions are also included.
For crazy patch panel
- One 6” square of focus fabric (something eye-catching to be the centre of the cushion)
- 30 x 25cm of three different fabrics cut into strips (so 90 x 25cm in total).
- 22 cm square of wadding
- 60cm of fusible interfacing
- Rotary Cutter, acrylic ruler and mat (we can loan these)
- 40cm of 90cm wide fabric for cushion backs and two long borders
- 40cm x 20cm wide fabric for two short borders
- Interfacing to interface the cushion backs and borders
- Three large buttons (3/4 – 1”)
- 40cm of 90cm of fabric for bag back, handles and pocket
- 40cm of 90cm wide fabric for bag lining
- Magnet clasp
- Cut the three fabric pieces into strips varying in width from 4 – 6cm (1 ½” to 2 3/8”)
- Cut two cushion backs 30 x 40cm (Or bag back 40 x 40cm).
- Cut the borders: 2 long borders, 40cm x 10cm wide (from fabric for cushion backs or bag back)
- Cut the shorter borders: 22cm x 10cm (from the second fabric)
- Interfacing the cushion backs and borders
- If making a bag: Cut two handles 7 x 32cm. Also cut a pocket, 20 x 33cm
- If making a bag: Cut two bag lining pieces 40 x 40cm
- Interface the bag handles.
What You Need To Bring: The Sewing Room is fully equipped with Janome Sewing Machines and Overlockers as well as all the tools you need to complete your project. You are very welcome to bring your own machine and sewing box if you wish.
Venue: The Midhurst Sewing Room
Dates: Friday 19th May 2023
Workshop Start/End time: 10am-1pm
Workshop Duration: Half Day
Workshop Tutor: Wendy Gardiner
|Workshop Start||19 May 2023|